- Fix prioritized issues from the issue tracker
- Triage issues (duplicates, clarification, reproduction steps, prioritization)
- Create high quality frontend and backend code
- Review community contributions
- Provide second-level support to the Production And Security Team to ensure that all Gitter production services remain stable
- Document tribal knowledge, particularly around runbooks and production incident processes
- Keep an eye on Sentry to find regressions and ensure application errors are addressed
- Keep code easy to maintain and keep it easy for others to contribute code to Gitter.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Maintain the iOS, Android, and desktop applications
- Provide community support for Gitter via Gitter rooms, Twitter, Zendesk, etc
- Communicate asynchronously with fellow GitLabbers, and the rest of the community, in a transparent way.
- Qualify developers for hiring.
- Strong production Node.js experience
- Experience with other core Gitter technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Redis is desirable.
- Experience building mobile applications in Java, Objective-C, or Swift is desirable.
- DevOps experience, working with Linux, Ansible, AWS or similar products is desirable
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.